Episode 17 is our podcast on podcasts. Cliche right? Well hang on… there might be some good info that you can use for your own brand. Joshua Crisp, founder of Solinity and host of the Bridging the Gap podcast joins us to share his experience of how podcasting has impacted the brand of Solinity.
For nearly a decade and a half podcast listening has been on the rise. From 11% of the American population listening to podcasts in 2006 to now over 51%. Pocasting has gone mainstream. The question for us today is, can you leverage podcasting for your business or have you missed the boat? There are over 700,000 podcasts floating around on the web right now, from chem trail conspiracy theorists to Neil Degrasse Tyson’s Star Talk. Some might only have a few listeners while others have millions. Is it worth it for your business to start it’s own podcast? Or maybe you’re thinking about boosting your personal brand with a podcast.
Here is the data:
- 51% of the population have listened to a podcast
- 32% listen on to podcasts monthly
- 22% listen every week
Podcast listeners are:
- 45% more likely to have a college degree and 68% more likely to have a graduate degree
- 45% more likely to have an annual income of $250,000 or more
- More likely to subscribe to streaming services like netflix, amazon prime, and spotify and consequently less likely to see the mass advertising that saturates cable tv and radio. Perhaps that’s why advertising on podcasts has increased from $65 million in 2015 to $514 million in 2019. It is an audience that is less fatigued by commercial bombardment.
69% of podcast listeners agree that podcast ads made them aware of a new product or service.
Podcast ads account for a 7.4-14% lift in purchase intent. The highest purchase intent lift was found in ads on B2B podcasts.
Audio has also been shown to engage with an audience on a deeper emotional level than video because it requires an active use of our imagination.
So, is it right for your brand? Some things you might want to consider:
- Can you consistently produce good content that helps build your brand.
- Do you have the time/energy to do this knowing that it might not pay off for a year or more.
After the podcast visit epicnine.com/podcasting for more info.